Saturday 14 January 2012

CUCUMBER LANE

I photographed the beautiful gardens and house, Bedwell Lodge, on Cucumber Lane in 2008. As I arrived, I knew it belonged to Stephen Daldry, but wasn't expecting to be greeted by Jamie Bell and his beautiful girlfriend, Alexa Davalos.

Welcomed in to a home filled with higgledy piggledy character and warmth, dining with lovely people and waking the next day to capture dawn, was a wonderful way to spend 24 hours in June. When I showed Stephen the contacts he immediately invited me back... I want more and I want them all in a book!

So, I went back in August and then was subsequently invited back as a friend. On one of these visits, Jamie and Alexa had arrived from New York that morning. Another friend prepared the evening meal and just awoken from a snooze, Alexa came down to join us for dinner.

After food, wine and conversation I photographed Alexa with my SX70. Resting the camera on the table as I knew the dim light would force a long exposure, I warned her that this may take some time.

She was still for at least 10 seconds and looks like the most beautiful woman in the world.

May 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment