Sunday 25 November 2012

LOVE. HOLD

In April 2011 I approached a married couple and asked if they would allow me to photograph them in an embrace. They said yes. Having just started a new relationship myself I felt drawn to them and their commitment.

This became an important image in The Letting Go. A full stop almost. A hopeful portal in to the future.

My relationship didn't last, but the couple are happier than ever and trying for a baby. I wanted to be back in the dark with them, so made this animation. While watching it I found my breathing changed with the flow of the movement.

What a wonderful way to step back in time.




This animation is made from Untitled (love/hold), The Letting Go

© Laura Hynd 2012

1 comment:

  1. First time a picture changes the rythm of my respiration. This is really fascinating.

    ReplyDelete