Friday 6 April 2012

A CHANDELIER

When asked by the design team at POKE if I would donate a print to their new charity initiative to nurture tomorrow's creative talent, I thought of this photograph as it is one of my all time favourites.


I took this photograph in a tiny, family chapel at Castello di Argiano in Tuscany in 2007. It was during a week long stay in a Biodynamic Vineyard, owned by the Sesti family. They produce beautifully delicious wines...! It was my first commission... My tripod broke... There were storms when the grapes should have been harvested... Then on the last day my camera broke! But the Sesti's are so full of love and warmth, it was one of the best weeks I have ever had.


You can read about The 100 Project here

£100 will put a child through a term at The Prince's Drawing School - which is nice. And you get a print to look at - which is also nice.

http://www.the100project.co.uk/


More photographs here

No comments:

Post a Comment