Thursday 19 April 2012

OVER THE HILL - TIM ANDREWS

March 2011, I woke at 3am, borrowed a car, and made my way to West Sussex. At around 6am I arrived at the home of Anthony Andrews, greeted by Tim in the driveway.

The moon rose above the musky blue skies and the birds were singing.

Tim Andrews has been approaching photographers for some time now. He was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease in 2005 and since then has been shot by over 100 photographers.

I photographed Tim in the gardens of his brother's house on a clear, crisp morning. As it became light we finished and drank some coffee.

When editing down to one portrait to give to Tim to raise money for Parkinsons UK, I chose the very first shot of the day. The moon shines above the garden and I asked Tim to walk several yards away from me so I could capture him in a large landscape. But it was the getting to that point that made the edit. The colours and the moon reflect the dream-like morning.




A selection of 50 portraits of Tim are being exhibited at Southport's Wayfarers Shopping Arcade from 1st May.

© Laura Hynd

1 comment:

  1. We went to see the exhibition this week - it is stunning, thought provoking, humourous and sad - well worth finding an hour or so - and it is right in the town centre. Plenty of places for lunh or a coffee

    ReplyDelete